Rides - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Online Registration' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
2017 Roscoe Ramble
Now accepting registrations
A two day 110 or 150 mile bicycle tour through the
Heart of Amish Country
The 43rd Roscoe Ramble begins Saturday, Sept. 16, in Canal Fulton (long route) or Kidron (short route) and winds its way through rolling farmland to Roscoe Village. You will stay overnight in nearby Coshocton and return to Canal Fulton or Kidron on Sunday, Sept. 17. The ride is intended for the well-conditioned rider so be sure to consider the shorter route if in doubt.
The Sunday ride offers challenges of hills and dips heading back to the Saturday start.
Entry Fee includes:
- Overnight parking at the starting point
- Snack stop at Fire Station Saturday morning
- Lunch stop at popular Farm at Walnut Creek
- Ice cream at end of Saturday ride
- Evening dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast in Coshocton on Sunday
- Snack stop Sunday morning
- Lunch Sunday
- Ice cream Sunday afternoon at the finish
- Maps and painted route markings
- SAG support
- Luggage transport
- Fun, fellowship & scenery!
Once you select your registration you will prompted to choose your lodging option. The lodging options have been selected by the ride directors to ensure that your lodging meets Roscoe Ramble standards.
A custom jersey will be offered at a later date, and participants will be contacted prior to the ride.
Roscoe Ramble is an Adventure!
Jim Birt - (330) 472-4709
For a great souvenir, see our specially designed jersey. Order your jersey when you sign up.
$60 for members, $70 for non-members. Orders for jerseys will close a couple of weeks before the ride so they can be printed and available.
Thanks so much for another Roscoe Ramble. What a great weekend once again. You have created a very unique cycling experience that is not offered anywhere else.
What a beautiful weekend for riding! Once again Roscoe Ramble was well attended and managed by Jim and Judy Birt. Thanks for a spectacular weekend of riding. I do not know everyone's names but a "tip of the helmet" to all volunteers who gave up their weekend so we could ride.
Anyone thinking of riding this ride should give it a go next year!
Points to remember for Registration
- If you are a single rider who wants to have your own room, specify the "single" option.
- If you are riding with a spouse, you can register together and list as roommate."
- If your spouse will be driving (not riding), register your spouse as a "non-rider" and specify "double occupancy." (Non-riders are charged for the evening meal.)
- If you wish to stay in the campground, you may select that option.
Saturday, Sep 16, 2017 to Sunday, Sep 17, 2017
Canal Fulton (long route) or
Kidron (short Route)
8580 Erie Ave NW (long) or 3970 Kidron Rd (short)
Canal Fulton or Kidron, OH 44614
All riders must wear a certified bicycle safety helmet. Safety is our concern therefore: no use of ear buds or cell phones while riding.
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Roscoe Ramble 2017 - Long Route (Canal Fulton)
Roscoe Ramble 2017 - Short Route (Kidron)
Saturday Night Lodging Single Room
Saturday Night Lodging Double Room
Saturday Night Lodging 1/2 Shared Room
Saturday Night Dinner For Non Riders ONLY